View Single Post
Old 10-04-20, 00:28
Junior Password Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
I am still hopeful that one day an installation kit for a Sherman tank will appear at auction which would include the thin metal straps that were used to hold the cables against the turret interior.

Installation straps are the last items I need for my Sherman tank project, where I will have on display within a replica turret (rear 1/3) all the workings of a truly operational WS19 set complete with all control wiring and control boxes, including an original NOS turret wiring box and a complete Sherman mounting kit for the Variometer! Almost everything is in mint or near mint condition which makes it extra special.
Bear in mind that there are at least two, and possibly three different sizes of the cable clip set that you are looking for - to cope with the variations in cabling (screened conduit - UK and Canada, fabric coated (UK and possibly Canada) and plastic coated multicore (U.S.). It's possible that the Sherman only ever used the screened conduit type wiring, but I have a T26E1 (Pershing) installation kit with plastic-coated multicore that is a fraction of the diameter of the flexible conduit variety.

(I also have some loose cable clips from various countries/sources for the WS19, so if you let me know which variety of cabling you have I might be able to find some suitable (original) clips.)

Chris.