View Single Post
Old 07-04-20, 22:08

Hi David,
I wish I shared your experience, I have checked eBay almost daily (the U.S. site) for the past 3-4 years and have never come across an auction posting a complete 19 set or installation kit in its crate, nor an auction with multiple components from a kit. Very rarely do you find NOS parts on eBay, and when they do they usually stand out! Perhaps I am searching under the wrong terms, as I would certainly have bid on any kits as the novelty alone would make it a fascinating purchase. Instead, I've picked up all my pieces for my Sherman tank project from locations in the States, England, and here in Ontario.
I am still hopeful that one day an installation kit for a Sherman tank will appear at auction which would include the thin metal straps that were used to hold the cables against the turret interior. These were all left in the tanks when they were mothballed so they are super hard to find. I have a few that appear to have come from armoured vehicles, but they are the wrong shape according to my references. I have the complete mounting straps and nuts/bolts for a Bren carrier (three pouch set, all C-Broad arrow marked) but they are not the same shape as for the Sherman, thus are surplus to my needs. Anyone need a set for a Bren?
Installation straps are the last items I need for my Sherman tank project, where I will have on display within a replica turret (rear 1/3) all the workings of a truly operational WS19 set complete with all control wiring and control boxes, including an original NOS turret wiring box and a complete Sherman mounting kit for the Variometer! Almost everything is in mint or near mint condition which makes it extra special.