View Single Post
Old 08-09-08, 00:33
MLU Administrator

Shortly after the one spotted at Beltring was sold, another CGT was recently sold in the UK:
Quote:
Current bid: £1,000.00
Seller: eithnepw
Item location: Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, United Kingdom

CANADIAN CHEV PORTEE GUN TRACTOR

BUILT 1941 BELIEVED USED IN THE DESERT AS A GUN PORTEE WITH A 2 pnd GUN ON THE BACK.(SEE THE ONE AT MUCKLEBOROUGH MUSEUM WEB SITE)
1943 A FEW WERE BROUGHT BACK TO THE UK AND CONVERTED TO GUN TRACTORS WITH A POWER WINCH FITTED. THIS TRUCK IS THOUGHT TO BE THE LAST OF THE BRITISH CONVERSIONS.
THE WHEEL BASE IS ONLY 101ins.
lots of money and work spent with a good bit of time and work still to do, most of the heavy work has been done.
The main things still to be found are --wiring harness--canvass--
There are some receipts for engine rebuild new white metal bearing--crank grind. engine running.
90% of parts not fitted are there.
The back is a replica of what it is thought it would have looked like from the little info available.
lots of spares go with the truck ie--radiator--steering column--engine for spares--prop shafts--4 wheel drive box--wire for winch--starter motors--others
no time left to get it done and space is needed
I WOULD PREFER YOU TO COME AND HAVE A LOOK BEFORE YOU BID. PLEASE PHONE DICK ON 01970 880506 TO ARRANGE A TIME BECAUSE I WANT YOU BID TO BUY NOT TO HAGGLE AFTER YOU WIN---CASH ONLY
PAYMENT AND REMOVED WITHIN 7 DAYS OF SALE ENDING ( YOU MUST ORGANIZE REMOVAL WHICH WILL NEED A TRANSPORTER)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question & Answer Answered On 04-Sep-08
Q: Hi could you tell me what your reserve is please i have 2 canadian chevys myself and need another project for winter cheers chris
A: Hi the reserve is £2000. It has cost me at least £3500 and i didnt have the engine work done, this was done by a previous owner, I forgot to say on the add that it as age related reg plate. I have started to look out all the spares and found 2 heads+ some 13 cab bits along with all the other bits, the spares alone must worth a fair bit. I know we are a bit out of the way but i think you should come and take a look. give me a call and i will tell you the post war history, 01970880506
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On 07-Sep-08 at 12:37:22 BST, seller added the following information:
now been sold do not bid
Attached Images