Thread: Info needed: C15A 2B1 cargo bed rebuild
View Single Post
Old 12-08-22, 22:57

Default Nice to see the progress....

Nice job Paul......

I had rust in just about the same areas.......... I had to salvage the floor diamond plate patches from another spare cargo box. If you come up blank on the footman loops let me know as I am about to order 4 for mine and could reship to you possibly cheaper.

I removed and saved all the special rivited holders sued with the 1940 early tarp which had leather straps with a key hole for the pins. I will now have to rivet them back on .

I worked on my box using a large rotisserie that had a section of a CMP rear frame so that I could attach the box to the frame similar to actual set up.

Notwithstanding the rigidity of our installation...... after careful measurements we found the floor was not perfectly flat but was slightly curved front to back
which made fitting some of the side panels tricky. I am now stopped at getting the front head board panel and side drop panels done by a local fabricator as my bending brake is limited to 48 inches. I compared 3 separate cargo boxes.....all rusted..... and was amazed that the measurements were all approx. 1/4 inch more or less....... yet they were all 2B1....all had some slight differences of construction.

What thickness steel are you using???

Cheers
Canada