View Single Post
Old 29-03-06, 17:53
T-16, C15A

Default To The Manufacturer

Stephen,

Thank you very much for taking the time to sign in and join the discussion – I only wish that it were under more friendly circumstances. I would like to thank you for undertaking such a specialized project and doing such a good job of it. As an owner and restorer of both a Universal Carrier and T-16 Carrier I suspect that your friends gave you more than sufficient going over for your misunderstanding of the steering systems involved. No one that did not know the subtleties would be interested in such a component anyway. The parts pictured look very well done, and would help complete a well-done restoration.

I will apologize for the disparaging comments that were made about these gaitors – your assessments of the level of competence of the individual that made them are quite correct. Your efforts should be rewarded, and I suspect there are others on the forum that would like to see more of your work also. Custom reproduction parts for limited production historic military vehicles can be very difficult to obtain, and anyone that offers assistance to our efforts should be applauded, not ridiculed.

Finally, I am interested in all forms of the Carrier family, and would be thankful if you passed along my contact information to the fellow undertaking the restoration of the Windsor Carrier. I have never seen one of these vehicles and am anxious to view one being restored. Please use the Private Message (“PM”) button to get to me directly.

Best regards,

Stewart