View Single Post
Old 10-05-22, 13:27

Default Temperature gauge question

Hello fellow Carrier owners and knowledgeable persons,

I had my Carrier out on Salisbury Plain a few weeks ago, driving the many graded range roads and a bit of cross country.. I’m starting to use it more and so I need to fix my faulty temperature gauge. When switched off it reads maximum temperature. When switched on it moves to the mid range temperature and once the engine is running very quickly moves back to maximum again. Hence I don’t have a true reading of the engine temperature.

Can these gauges be repaired? Does anyone know if a modern replace that can be fitted as a stop gap? Or even better does anyone have a spare they’re willing to part with?

My Carrier is running on 12v, I’ve replaced the voltage converter thinking that might be the cause, but it made no difference. Could the senders be at fault? (I hope not as they’re about £75 each here in the UK!).

I have a road run coming up and I’d like to be able to monitor the engine temperature. It seems roasting hot after a decent stretch of road running, but without a working temperature gauge it’s impossible to tell!

Cheers,

Tom

Click image for larger version

Name:	30F3C883-55D1-4FB2-886B-3FE1E378C0B2.jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	345.9 KB
ID:	128573