Thread: WW2 Photos
View Single Post
Old 25-04-08, 01:08

Default returned from the Middle East 1942

David here is a AWM photo which shows two of these Canadian built Chevs (RHS) alongside two Holden Bodied examples, one of which is painted service green rather then the light stone of the returned Middle East vehicles. Photo caption is.....

ID Number: 025817
Physical description: Black & white
Summary: ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA. 1942-03. NO NEED FOR DISPERSAL NOW FOR FEAR OF AIR ATTACK, THESE VEHICLES, RECENTLY RETURNED FROM THE MIDDLE EAST WITH THE A.I.F. ARE DRAWN UP AT A CAMP OCCUPIED BY TROOPS WHO RETURNED IN THE SAME CONVOY.
Copyright: clear
Related subject: Motor vehicles
Related place: Adelaide; Middle East

Related conflict: Second World War, 1939-1945

The reason I have added this is the top two photos showing the vehicles on the train is not dated and the Chev utility behind the 3 tonner appears to be painted a lighter colour which could be light stone. Could this utility be one of the returned Middle East vehicles? If so the 3 tonner could also be a returned Middle East vehicle which has been refurbished by the workshops before being reissued. The photo of the NR7 model Macks in the outback dates that photo to about 1943.
Attached Images

"and on the 8th day he made trucks so that man, made on the 7th day, had shelter when woman threw him out for the night"
MrRoo says "TRUCKS ROOLE"

Last edited by cliff; 25-04-08 at 01:18.