View Single Post
Old 25-09-21, 13:07
M38A1 CDN3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Stapleton View Post
Hi Jon, Thanks for your interest and comments. I was aware the saddle bags were incorrect, these were fitted by the last owner and are in fact webbing back packs. I am on the lookout for a pair of the correct saddle bags, which I am informed were green canvas with 'Y' straps? Maybe you can confirm this?

The exhaust system has also been replaced so the silencer may well be slightly different.
Dave...Yes you described the saddle bags much as they were.There was a left and right, dictated by the buckle arrangement over the rear structure. I have one bag but reckless storage has allowed some mildew to appear. If you are interested, I think I still have it in a shed out back. If I find it I'm agreeable to sending it to you if you think you can tackle the surface mildew.

One point of interest... the front shocks (dampers) are prone to compressing sufficiently to allow the headlamp to smash down and be damaged by the upright licence plate so don't do too much cross country...the bike was designed as a street bike, not suitable for cross country operation. If you ever see a Canadian military registered bike, you'll invariably see the plate corner bent over in order to cushion the hit.