Thread: Heads Up: Sherman for sale
View Single Post
Old 08-05-15, 19:18

I agree with most of your post Jim, but I know personally of vehicles, one being a carrier, one being a M113C&R Lynx, both decades old trades, long forgotten about that were re-claimed by the government, I'm not sure the carrier owner will confirm this, but he is a member here. No compensation was paid for any restoration or parts added to either vehicle, so it does happen, maybe not with the regularity and zealousness of the country to the south of us, but it does happen. Now I am not saying in any way this is the case with this tank, that is an issue for buyer and seller and I am sure they have their ducks in a row, so I do apologize for any implications it was otherwise.
On the price of the Sherman, in Canada, yes I agree they are dreaming on the price, this market does not support that as far as I have ever seen. But now that pre-1956 armor can be imported into the states with nothing more than an ATF form 6, they have a whole new market. In the last year at least three "Easy Eights" have traded hands in the USA, prices were $625k(M4A2), $500k(M4A3) and $325k(M4A2)USD. And we can now export 1945 and older armor with no special requirements, the same as the UK.
I would imagine that is where this tank will be headed, south or overseas. And your right, just because I have a law degree, it doesn't make me a lawyer