View Single Post
Old 16-05-23, 11:10

Default seat complete

Spent a day with Matt Strickland while he covered the seat. Used a green vynil that is as close as we could get to the scrap of original material on the old seat i had. Also did the door trims and kick panels. These utes were apparently delivered to the Australian Army from the Ford factory originally finished in a semi gloss finish deep bronze green. I learned this information from Mike Cecil unfortunately after I had already painted the vehicle a sand colour but it was certainly consistent with the green colour I found in places when originally restoring the vehicle. At the time I thought the vehicle must have been repainted that colour post war. According to Mikes info the vehicles were then painted whatever colour was required once delivered. I couldn't imagine the interior would necessarily be painted to match the outside so maybe I will repaint the interior back to the green so it compliments the new upholstery.
Maybe.
Attached Thumbnails
thumbnail_Image (1).jpg   thumbnail_Image (2).jpg   thumbnail_Image (3).jpg   thumbnail_Image (4).jpg   thumbnail_Image (5).jpg  

1941 Fordson WOT 2H (Unrestored)
194? Fordson WOT 2D (Unrestored)
1939 Ford 1 ton utility (Undergoing restoration)
1940 Ford 1 ton utility (Unrestored)
1941 Ford 1 ton utility (Unrestored)
BSA folding bicycle
BSA folding bicycle
1941 Ford/Marmon Herrington 3A gun tractor
1941 Ford/Marmon Herrington 3 gun tractor (Unrestored)
1941 Diamond T 969 (Unrestored)
Wiles Junior Cooker x 2

Last edited by jack neville; 16-05-23 at 11:17.