View Single Post
Old 22-06-20, 03:09
VMVC

Default F-15A: Speedometer cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Eades View Post
Any part numbers on your cable?
Hi Lynn,

Just has a good look. No part numbers on the cable. As Mike said, Ford assembled many other vehicles during the war so it could be for anything. Wonder how standard the fittings at xfer cases and transmissions were between manufacturers? We know it fits Fords but are others the same?

I am of the belief now just to us it as is and route it with large radiii through the chassis and clip it to keep it off wires etc. It was obviously designed to work at that length on some vehicle so no need to shorten it to make it work any better.

Yes, Keith, it was a great place, an "Aladdin's Cave" back in the 90's. I made three-monthly pilgrimages there between times at sea for many years. It closed over 15 years ago. I got NOS transmission gears, spring pins and bushings, crankcase breather filter, head gaskets, and front shock absorbers, just to name a few. He had a bin of rear spring pins still wrapped in grease paper and when he needed some round stock to turn up he would use them. Enough to make this grown man cry! Luckily I got some when the bin was still half full.

Cheers,

Jacques Reed