View Single Post
Old 18-01-15, 18:02
metal urgest

Not wanting to flog a dead horse, but I just have to get back to some comments about Ontario's nuclear power boondoggle.
OPG has always spent every penny it has made. Outlandish bonuses, ridiculous wages and pay increases compared to the private sector, and my favorite, moving compensation payments. All the while never setting aside a single dollar to pay for the costs of re-tubing or de-commissioning(with the Pickering station slated for shutdown in 2020, costs of de-commissioning are estimated at 20-40 billion dollars, all from the tax payer-still think nuclear energy is cheapest???). They have always relied on the taxpayer to fund what any other business would have to save for. One only needs to read the Ontario Auditor Generals report and you will become instantly suicidal. People being paid between $50,000 and $380,000 to cover moving costs of VOLUNTARY moves, even some that were farther away from the facility they worked at!! Data entry clerks making $40 per hour, when the provincial private sector average is between $14-$18 per hour. As for security, threat assessments have been done on the effects of a tsunami!( at a cost of ??? ). I think I will go find some rope now.

Perry

Oh yes, I am certainly in the "over the top camp"