View Single Post
Old 18-06-21, 21:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Alford View Post
It appears to be either a Machinery Trailer, Type “22 K.W. Generator” or a Machinery Trailer, “R.E. 25 K.W. Generator”.

My guess is 22 k.w.Generator based on two elements:
1) the proportions of the transverse toolbox ahead of the main enclosure, and
2) absence of the separate V-belt driven welding generator mounted above the main generator (though this could have been removed at a later date...) that should be present on the 25 KW version.

Interesting to see lights typical of earlier M-series on the back of the trailer - this might be a post-service modification (though these lights would have been more expensive than commercial units) or might say something about how long the trailer remained in service.

I believe the 2x duplex outlets that seem to be in commercial boxes, wired with "Romex" would also be later additions.

More info:
The enclosure is the later style - plain panels instead of the louvered ones found on early production (shown in the AEDB photos posted by Colin).
The fuel tank appears to be a replacement, smaller tank. But, the original straps may still be there, folded forward.

Though the trailer/generator may be worthy of preservation as an unusual survivor, it probably won't be too practical as a source of back-up power as both the 22KW and 25KVA are listed in their manuals as providing 110 VDC power. Given the stated 110 VDC output, I'm puzzled about the (likely added) outlets shown in the photos. Did the owner do some creative wiring or did they use it for loads that can accept the DC power (lighting? small heater?).

Last edited by Grant Bowker; 20-06-21 at 13:43.