View Single Post
Old 05-12-13, 07:42

Default I can live with this one!

Thanks for the warning Rob Fast but this one's a keeper.She even said she would help me with the 3 Ton CMP ambulance restoration ( if I ever get to it now!).
Rob Love,I am sure you will see me eventually but for now I will be occupied for the next few months!
Thanks Kevin for the lead on the "Up the Johns" book but after reading reviews of the 2 history books,I am now thinking she would like the "Look to your front" history book as it has more accounts of the WWII battles and personal stories of the Regina Rifles soldiers that would give her a sense of what her grandfather went through.She said he never talked about the war but was wounded in the belly with a big scar.We were at the Fort Garry Horse Regimental museum and I got a form from Gord Crossley for her to fill out and send away for his service records from Ottawa so will wait for that to come.In the meantime,I was searching for information and came across your website and in the nominal roll found his name,rank & serial number.It is Rifleman BLAIR,A,J (Alexander) H14571 and shows he was wounded 4 times.She also mentioned he was parachuting in the army so must have been qualifying as a paratrooper.His service records should show all of that once we get the records.I will also show her the photo's you have on your website and see if she can identify him as she doesn't remember any photo's of him while he was in the army.There is one bookstore here in Winnipeg that has a copy so will try and get there tomorrow if I can clear the snow from my driveway!One of many snowstorms I have to look forward to here in Manitoba!
Regards,Derk.
1943 Bantam T-3 1/4 ton trailer
BSA folding airborne bicycle ser#R5325 (early)