Thread: Heads Up: FWD SU-COE for sale
View Single Post
Old 11-09-05, 22:09
MLU Administrator

Default Re: I hope it's saved

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Parker
So far it's $600 which is a steal. Anybody know a cheap way of getting something like this from Idaho to Ontario?????
Hmm, I know what you mean. In the mid-1980s I had a short ride in one which was in use as a glider tug. It wasn't running too well, but it made quite an impression on me.

See the thread FWD Medium Artillery Tractor for more info on an alternate rear body type.

I see what you're thinking, US$600 is a steal but if the truck stood outside for any length of time, the wooden cab frame is likely to be rotted and you'd better leave it alone....

Sweet dreams anyway!

H.

Quote:
Description
1940's FWD truck. This is a huge truck, has 14x20 tires, military tread. This model truck was built during WWII and sent to England for the lend lease program as a gun carrier. The roof has a round hole in it for a anti aircraft gun hatch. The truck is right hand drive. This truck is extremely rare in the USA. It has a huge transfere case with several speeds. The cab is wood framed,The wood is pretty solid, but may need some attention. The original engine was a Waukesau It has a big block Chevrolet in it now with a turbo 400. I do not know anything about the engine. There are 2 extra wheels and tires. The truck has a nice leaf spring pintle hitch. No title, bill of sale only. The truck is located in Caldwell Idaho. It must be moved within 7 days of the auction end as the county has told me to remove my truck collection from my pasture. Storeage and towing can be arranged at the buyers expense. Photos of my vehicles can be seen at http://groups.msn.com/rdhtow/photoalbums Email any questions or request for addtional photos. I accept paypal or money order payment. See my other auctions. If you would like to inspect this truck, call Roger at 208 459 8015.
Name:  fwd.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  52.1 KB