Thread: C30 Update
View Single Post
Old 17-06-04, 13:40
keith.orpin

Default C30

Firstly, many thanks to Hanno for his comments and for posting the latest pics for everyone to enjoy. The shots of the front and rear roller system were taken for the other post on "winch cable puzzle" to show how Chevy fitted a different system to Ford, which may help others. As David points out, this C30 was one of a batch fitted with Articized equipment, however 95% had been removed long ago. If as time goes on, I find the heater matrices, vents etc, I'll fit them on, but for the time being, I'll show her as seen in the pictures. The big question I have is, is this the only C30 LAAT that has been rebuilt ? I know possibly of one other as a chassis/cab. The odd thing is that there seems to be a few F60S LAAT's around, but there all late (44/45) ones. Any thoughts ?
If anyone was wondering,the small box/canvas holder behind the drivers seat contains a pair of 1942 field ranging binos, and the other peice behind the passenger seat is a 42 mapboard. The bag for the side doors has yet to be fitted.
I must just say that I have thoroughly enjoyed the last few years restoring this vehicle and conversing with like minded collectors thoughout the world
Cheers
Keith