View Single Post
Old 29-03-20, 02:56

Good morning all,

Well, what memorable times we live in.

My overall plans have changed quite a bit recently, for obvious reasons.
As BTTT2020 has become BTTT2021, I have 16 months to do what I previously had 4 months to do.

This has opened up the possibility for taking the LRT to the MJCQ Swap meet at Caboolture in October, 7 months time. Only time will tell.

So, with the pressure off, I collected the LRT and brought it home.

I fitted the last of the 7.50x18 wheels, and loaded and strapped down the ramps. Man, they are heavy. I'll weigh one sometime and report back. Suffice to say it was Dennis on the crowbar and winch assistance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LRT Dennis positioning ramp a 3 2020.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	112826 Click image for larger version

Name:	LRT Dennis positioning ramp e 3 2020.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	112827

As I had not yet replaced the axles after the trip to Corowa, The Glorifier needed to be towed up the wet grassy slope out of the paddock and up to the road. But once on the road, everything went well. We stopped to check all was well on the 15km trip home.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LRT moving stop to check the load 3 2020.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	112828

It seemed to travel very well, but I sure noticed the weight (41/2ton-ish), having to drive it like a well loaded truck. It is beyond me how these trailers, loaded with a 4 1/2ton Carrier were towed with a 3ton Chev CMP!?!

Anyway, it is home now and I feel like I actually own it now.

I have acquired a wheel chock as seen in the youtube video linked above, thanks Dave M . More on that later.

Have a nice weekend, BUT stay at home!
(Good excuse to get some restoration/maintenance jobs done.)

Sam.