View Single Post
Old 19-02-20, 22:54

Hi Darrell, i have seen some Canadian WW2 documentaries on the history channels about Normandy etc with Canadian veterans telling their story, their minds are bright as a button, i wonder how these film company's get in contact with such veterans. I have tried but to no avail with the legion you mentioned but didn't get anyone from WW2. I was thinking about seeing if there were any Canadian vets who visit Normandy every year to attend any ceremonies or events put on for them. I may try Portsmouth D Day museum and have a chat with them.
As for Ed, i am a comedian and a bit of a joker, you have to be in this game when you are up against the local and county council who have no interest in WW2 heritage especially Pill boxes, they already demolished a mint conditioned range wall going back before WW2 that was right next to the Canadian base workshops. I can also see your point of view on my mad cap idea, politics around the world is not the best place to ask for governments to put money into things, especially in todays political climate where military history would be taboo with the woke but if you don't ask or try you don't get either.
Jon, Alton is just up the road from me where i work, i heard about this guy setting up a Museum and was going to pop along to see what he was up to, i may pick his brains.
In the mean time i will post more pictures of the conford range, plenty to show. As well as this being history in my area, its your guys heritage as well Canadian, Australian and New Zealand, especially if you have relatives who were here and served in the UK. Theres so much to see as well as to discover. At the moment there look out for a buried tank in the area over Ludshott.