View Single Post
Old 02-11-19, 01:16

Hi all,
Thank you for the replies. Gradually, the information is coming to light. Some responses and clarifications:

Richard,
the front wheels are 20"CMP that have had a disk welded into them and the original, unusual 6 stud pattern drilled. Pretty agricultural. The rear wheels are regular 10 stud Budd type commercial wheels fitted to an adapter plate that is reasonably well made.
Hugh Davis tells me that these trailers were made by Ford in Geelong, they even pressed the 18" wheels themselves. I wonder how many Australian ones were made?

Mike,
Thank you so much for that very welcome information.

1) The stop block is a very simple item, Dave M may have one that I can use as a pattern. They are about 8"x8"x16". What I don't know is the securing spring(?) to hold the latches in the locked position, the video shows it briefly and indistinctly.
3) Now I know the size of the chain, easy and cheap to get. How long were they, anyone? I'll be able to rough out a guessimate from pictures either way.
4) And the size of the shackles. I wonder if they are the same as the ones used on the Australian ground anchour ("Holdfast") which is thread-less, the pin retained with a split pin/small bolt?
5) I have a set of ramps .
6) Scotches? I have no clue, haven't see them. Any pictures, anyone?
8) Wrench for wheel nuts? No clue. Pictures anyone?

No jack???

I don't know what the significance of MVFS or census is.
Would I find a chassis number somewhere?

Rick,
I have these pictures, but thanks for marking sure. When I zoom in, they pixelate out before I see the detail I'm looking for. The two lower pictures appear to be from the same photo shoot as the pictures of this trailer coupled to a DT969 hard cab truck.

I have found a lathe big enough to swing a 20" CMP rim, if I choose to go that way. The 10.50x18 tyres are non-existent here, so I'll be going to, maybe, 9.00x20(same as DT969) or 7.50x18(original rim but lower profile) or 8.25x15(modern low-loader/float). Dunno.

And nothing significant is going to happen anytime soon, my time is taken up preparing for BTTT2020 in the DT969, with, possibly, a 3ton G.S. cargo trailer in tow. We'll see.

Have a nice day.
Sam.

Last edited by Sam Scholz; 02-11-19 at 01:24.