View Single Post
Old 25-02-05, 15:44
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Lt. Ferguson

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Alexander
Of interest, the following is found on the Commonwealth War Graves Commission site:
Name: FERGUSON, WILLIAM STEWART
Initials: W S
Nationality: Canadian
Regiment: Royal Winnipeg Rifles, R.C.I.C.
Date of Death: 06/06/1944
Additional information: Son of Anne W. Pullen; husband of Masala Margaret Ferguson, of Vancouver, British Columbia.
Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead
Grave/Memorial Reference: XIII. D. 8.
Cemetery: BENY-SUR-MER CANADIAN WAR CEMETERY, REVIERS

The dates don't match, but are close, and all the other details fit.
BILL and JIM and MARK,

I read through the last posts and see you have all found that information. I remembered a soldier named "FERGUSON" who was executed too, but didn't recall correctly which group of POWS he was executed with. Thanks for searching out and posting the details.

Regards the DATE of death for Lt. W.S. FERGUSON ... if that "JUNE 6" date is what's entered in the War Graves site, then there is someone in charge of, and capable of updating/correcting information. I know this to be so as I've had correspondence from him telling me what he needed from me (proof of age/birthdate) to change the "25" they list for Uncle Ed to "21" he actually was when he died. I'm going to be emailing them a scanned image of his official death registration, that came with his service records, which has his proper birthdate listed. As soon as I send this proof the War Graves site WILL correct the online memorial information.

I hope someone will be able to get LT FERGUSON's information corrected as well.

Karmen