View Single Post
Old 27-08-12, 03:36
Addicted to Drab

Default 2012 Military Muster

The Third Southern Ontario Military Muster is now a part of history. An incredible weekend. I want to take the time to acknowledge the Committee who worked so hard to make the event a HUGE success. First and foremost is one of the founders....Geoff Bottoms....without his guidance, intuition, and tireless energy the show would not have been a success. He was and is the cornerstone of the Muster. Mickey Moulder for giving the participants what might be considered "free reign" to dig, build, and play in the Canadian Transportation Museum "sand box". To Jason Henry, his skills at organizing and dealing with all the transportation issues, from coordinating the floating of the "heavies" to and from the show, to his tireless enthusiasm and critical thinking he also deserves credit for making the show a success. To Jennifer Papak and her coordination and care for the re enactors. To Mike Appel for his continued expertise in all things Great War. To Kim who manages the Museum and coordinated the vendors and displayers. To Linda Iler who was the Legion and Essex tourism coordinator. To Keith Baxter who was the "Air Boss". His work and liaison with Transport Canada made it possible for us to have the Huey at the show. Finally to all the volunteers, those who worked so hard behind the scenes....invisible and truely unsung. Of course I must also thank all those MV owners, Re enactors, Dealers and their families for making and taking the time to be the STARS of the show.

Thank you each and everyone....if I have forgotten anyone please forgive me...

To all the Veterans and their families and to all those who came to see the show.....

Thanks

Mike Timoshyk
Event Coordinator
Southern Ontario Military Muster
www.militarymuster.org

BTW PICS will be posted when received...

cheers and good night.