View Single Post
Old 12-05-10, 15:02
David

Lightbulb we need to pool resources!

Hi folks, we all seem to be saying the same thing- can we find someone to reliably (and thats a must given poor quality rubber will either shift off the wheel if not bonded properly I understand, and that the rubber will simply bust up quickly if not good quality) re-rubber good wheels? Can we find someone to forge new ones if required? can we get some NEW track made?
even 1000 stg (a lot for any one of us) becomes maybe reasonable if there are 5 of us going in....I would guess such a wheel mould would last a while??
Regarding the tracks- I guess most of us don't do much mileage, but that over the years since production maybe many of you will, like me, have track which is down to its last few links removal before "placement required" as per instruction manual...??
If anyone wants to pool resources to either buy old wheels cheaper, re-rubber old wheels, cast new ones, cast new links- I'm in! email me for contact number if you're interested...or anyone else more experienced can co-ordinate if you like...I'm only a newbie to all this....