View Single Post
Old 13-06-12, 04:55

Default Very Senior Member.....

Out of respect to the Hayward family and those of the forum, I have to admit tonight, that David was like the Grandfather of the forum, not in age but in wisdom! I had to chuckle, and correct me if I'm wrong, that this gentleman went from " Senior Member" to " Very Senior Member". That term always amused me, but as the years went by I suddenly realized the strength behind the word "senior". Just recently, I was in the process of madly hunting down a carburator for my C60L, having pondered website after web site, phoning supplier after supplier until eventually my findings on the internet led to this forum and a discussion between Bob Carriere and David about CMP engines. And I was amazed to find out through the correspondence between these 2 gentlemen, (and Bob....I'm using that loosely on your behalf....) that out of nowhere, David doing his homework, as always, shone a new light on the current engine in my truck.

Bob and I have spoken since then and yes we did have a long talk of the void that, unfortunately, is now left on this forum.

Having never met the man, having never corresponded with him, but always having the sincere pleasure of reading his "fireside chats" on the forum, I thank you David. Robert Morrison Vancouver B.C.