View Single Post
Old 03-01-08, 02:41

It seems that much of New England (USA), and the Maritmes (CAN), are experiencing the same weather as pointed out by Phil. Here in Central Nova Scotia we have been beaten up by back to back to back storms since late November. The over night snow-fall had me out at fist light hopelessly hacking away at my drifted in driveway in a vain attempt at getting it clear enough to allow my wife to get to work. The Matrix, with its fat all-seasons' on was a lost cause so she ended up taking my little Echo with a good set of snow tires. That let me pick away at it for the rest of the morning as I didn't have to leave for work till 1500.
I love the seasons in this Country, I wouldn't have it any other way, sure come mid-February the notice of another approaching snowstorm is depressing but once you bundle up and get outside, shovelling, going for a walk, skiing, skating, whatever, it's not so bad. The true joy of what Winter is can be seen in the face of any child. My 5yr old son cannot wait to get himself kitted out so as to appear like the Michellin Man, go tromping thru the yard, flop down on his back, and just marvel and giggle at snowflakes.(because snowflakes, dandelions, acorns, earthworms, etc. are all marvellous, giggly things to a 5yr old).
I think I'm pretty lucky to have my four distinct seasons.....and a 5yr old.

Cheers