View Single Post
Old 09-01-14, 01:03

Default So much to understand.....

Thanks Chris

So the Variacs are variable transformers.....will be carefull not to over dial the output.

Else where on MLU it was recommended to slowly warm up the 110v PS......
How low should I start the voltage?
Are there any danger of causing a "brown out" at too low a voltage?
How long should I take to gradually ease up to 110Volts.?

Will I need to actually have a load on the PS to properly warm it up...?

I will heed you "CAUTIONARY NOTE".

I have carefully opened up the PS box.... I have observed 4 valves/tubes at the back end....... are they all rectifier tube of the same 6X5 number?
I did not remove them...... I remember my dad using a large non conducting fiber devide to slowly pry old valves from circa 1925 radio so as not to unglue the glass tube from the base.... is this a good practice on the WS 19?

Are there any practical way to testing the rectifier tubes to prevent toasting everything or is it a crap game....?

I did notice that the wiring of the huge transformer cans had empty provision for changing to 50 cycle....fortunetaly will not have to tamper with that.

I undertand the pin arrangement for the 12 volt cable to the power supply and will carefully check with a continuity tester to verify the polarity of the cable that connects to the CPP-2 power supply as the C connectors of the cable to the PS 6 pin are not clear indicated..... do not mean to find out what happens if you reverse the input polarity.

However, I am still not clear why the 110volts has the 6 pin connector out put and why it would go to the control box when being used as a ground training base....?

Be patient with my hard head.

Bob C.
Canada