View Single Post
Old 23-10-11, 21:29
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Celebs

Although Len had a fame I think he was entirely appropriate to be in the show... I was taking issue more with actors and politicians - felt this was just a bit contrived.

It's a shame not everything can be covered - I mentioned Reg Sprigg - in the first episode there was a heap of footage from Back of Beyond but I don't recall any direct reference to it, or to Tom Kruse.

I really enjoyed the Brabham story - I didn't realise he was a fighter pilot either. It would have been great to include Tony Gaze who had a major connection with Goodwood and was also one of our WW2 Aces with 12.5 victories including Arado 234 jets to his credit, but I suppose that would have got in the way of the storytelling.

The story about the HD Holden with the cheese cutter design was very interesting - I hadn't realised the styling was done in the US. It was also locally known as the 'pedestrian chopper' for obvious reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Farrant View Post
Hi Keith,
I was given a recording of one of Len's afterdinner speeches regarding his work, especially liked the part about about the airstrip he built near Marlinga.

The programme was very good, especially like the Jack Brabham part, last saw him about 11 years ago racing at Goodwood .......... and crashing out.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern