View Single Post
Old 09-12-06, 17:05
Derek Heuring

Default Re: 4th PLDG Cloth Shoulder Insignia

Quote:
Originally posted by DITNER, S.M. Would the 4th Princess Louise Dragoon Guards regimental shoulder badges used during the Second World War be:
-Canvas. Arch (Half Circle) Shape.
-Black background (possibly dark blue) with white "4 P.L.D.G" stitched in.
-What might someone expect to pay for this badge?
I might be able to help you with two of your questions (note, I say might!)

Of the back ground I would say blue, as the official Blazon lists "Azure" as the colour.

As to the price I would think you should be able find one on ebay for <10.00. Reason I say this is because I log onto ebay daily, not just to look for items to purchase but also to see what trends in collecting are developing. e.g.: 1st Cdn Para Brigade battle dress blouses have tripled in selling price. The most recent one sold for over $3,000.00usd!! What I call the "Premium" regimental shoulder badges, i.e. Regiments of the 7th, 8th, and 9th Canadian Infantry Brigades, the Mac-Paps, the Pickelies, the regiments that fought in Hong Kong, etc. (gentlemen, please don't jump all over me if I haven't listed your favourite regiment. Notice I haven't included the R.C.E's!) don't usually sell more than $20.00.

There are a couple of 4th PLDG items for sale now on ebay. A cap badge with an asking bid of 4.99 and a Christmas post card.
Hope this info helps!

CHIMO!