View Single Post
Old 16-07-21, 22:00
carrier mech

I checked the other Canadian gun and it is the same as this one: fixed chain on the left side and turnbuckle on the right. There are 6 Canadian guns on the base I can check and see if this was the norm on Cdn guns. I know when I was doing the work on the crab legs for the platform, the 1950 British parts manual showed me the wrong way to have the two pieces attaching to the frame. I got the one on, but the other one was off by about an inch and a half. I had to reverse both the pieces to get it to go on easily. The line drawings are not always correct.

I think the siege lamp stowage was posted on thegunner.net website, which is British. It was on their technical page but the link now appears to be broken.

Your 25 pounder book is on my list of things to order. Now that you allude to a Canadian connection, I guess I had better get to ordering.

Tony: The colour is Gillespie 33070. It is more of a ballpark match rather than an exact match. It kind of falls in between green and brown, depending on which way you look at it.

Terry: I would be happy to make your day again. Find me something else to buy....17 pounder, L5 or 6 pounders are all on my list. I don't mind going the distance or doing the work...good things don't always come easy.

Last edited by rob love; 17-07-21 at 01:05.