View Single Post
Old 06-08-19, 17:00
carrier mech

I cannot count how many tool kits I checked and re-assembled. Veh tech static, vehicle tech field, mat tech, weapons tech, metric supplements, veh tech heavy duty, then two different kinds of westward kits. Then they found another 10 or 12 brand new/never issued snap on/genius kits that were in a sea can, and had to be assembled, deviation slips made up, and turned in.

At one point I had a 40 foot sea can filled to 2 levels with tool kits for return. Then, when a bunch of kits did not make it in time from Canada for the teams to use for the preparation of vehicles to go back, they opened the container and issued all the tool kits that I had so carefully done all the prep work to. This is known as librarian syndrome, where a librarian gets all the books put away on the shelves, and then don't want anyone touching them lest they mess them up.

I worked right up into the last afternoon that I was there trying to make up just one more kit....if I had another week I could have finished the job.