View Single Post
Old 07-10-09, 04:02
GM Fox I

Default HUW stuff

Mike, send me a PM with your address and I'll send you a copy of my interior drawings. The stuff under the W/T table (on the floor) is four 6 volt batteries in wooden boxes plus the clamping gear to hold them in place. Screwed to the underside of the table is a No.5 Charging Switchboard which is a Bakelite board with four porcelain switches that controls charging the batteries (from the chorehorse), power to the wireless set and the internal lighting (the internal lighting is also controlled from the switchbox on the forward face of the generator cabinet. I'm not sure what switch was actually used. Perhaps the Chrysler manual will sort at out?). The No.5 switchboard is fixed to the table so when the table was removed, it went with it. The 'wing nuts' that hold the table and seats to the floor are the same hand wheels that clamp the windshield arms that hold the cab windshields open.

One aerial mast was stored outside on a socket bolted to the RH running board and held vertically just behind the cab door (I was lucky enough to find NOS part for this installation). The second was secured by canvas straps to the inside of the roof on the right side just where it curves to meet the side panel (I think you can make this out on one of Rob's photos).

Rob, have you any info, photos, dimensions for the folding map table on the rear body door? Likewise, if you want any of my stuff, just holler.

Bruce