View Single Post
Old 29-01-17, 10:27

Another source that might help you are long established heavy truck repair shops, probably better if they are independent - not a dealer, that make their living by keeping customers trucks on the road, not selling new ones. Avoid anywhere like Canadian Tire where the kid at the counter can't even sell you a 12V 7" sealed beam headlight bulb without knowing what vehicle it fits to find the stock number in his computer.

You probably already know that the wheel cylinders are as used on Ford trucks of the period (and probably others too) and are still readily available new. Ford master cylinders are also still available new. New replacement and NOS Chev master cylinders are rare (even used ones on ebay are rare, but the master for early C60X are a whole different breed of rare. I have never seen a new or NOS of that style. They may exist, just I've never seen one that wasn't already on a truck and I've seen cases where they were neatly robbed from the C60Xto keep something else running. I suggest to folks that any CMP Chev master cylinders, safe to use or not, that aren't already on trucks be saved unless the casting has failed beyond the ability to repair by sleeving.
I agree with Maurice that in that period, parts were less vehicle specific. For a small production vehicle like the C60X, you don't design a new part if something already in production by one of your suppliers can do the job.
The Wagner catalog I referred to did list the same repair kit for several different master cylinder housings but all were GM.