View Single Post
Old 25-11-23, 17:17

Default Case, Spares, Contents List

I asked for some detail photos from my friend, Reg, of his Case, Spares Contents List label to see if they would help in identifying the font Canadian Marconi Company used in printing these labels, They were a big help!

First, one photo was of the CMC Part Number for this list which turned out to be sequentially right behind the Contents List label for the Remote Operating Case: 114-554 versus 114-553.

After a close look at groups of identical characters in these three photos, the realization also dawned on me I was not looking a traditional, typeset printed characters at all. these labels were actually hand drawn by professional Artist/Illustrators. Probably the same team of workers responsible for the amazing detail in the illustrations in the Master Parts Lists for the 52-Set.

For any given character, there are no identical duplicates. when one looks carefully enough, you start to actually see the subtle variations in line thicknesses, heights, widths, curves and end points of each character. Their work 80 years ago is truly unique and amazing.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Case, Spares, Contents List Details 1.jpg   Case, Spares, Contents List Details 2.jpg   Case, Spares, Contents List Details 3.jpg