View Single Post
Old 15-06-08, 00:09
'40 Ford F8, 4 x 2

Default Work on My F8, No. 11

In the three days since the truck arrived, my friends and I have been able to:

Remove 8 of the 12 lug nuts from the rim that has a blown tire. (managed to only break the weld on one stud..... )

Removed both doors. The hinges required a bit of penetrating oil.. The rust rabbits have been at work on the bottom corners of both doors on the hinge side. However, the recent thread on door repair took care of any anxiety I had about fixing them back to normal....

Removed one of the two seats completely and one rail on the driver's side seat. By the way, most of the springs for the seats are present. Have contacted a local upholsterer for the resto job on them. I have one of the seat back covers to go by for material and plenty of pictures on what the finished product shold look like. A trip to a hardware store will take care of the missing springs!

Removed all but 8 bolts on the seam that separates the top from the lower back side of the cab as well as free up the bottom of the windshield. Couldn't figure out how to remove the fastenings (?) from the top and decided to have a closer look when the top was removed.

Straightened out one fender......for the most part..... Began taking the bolts off on the other one. Half way done with as many snapped off as taken out clean......

Started work this morning at 6 AM and worked until 11 AM as daytime temps are now above 100 degrees fahrenheit and will remain so for at least the next 4 months....

Have attached some pictures of the worst parts of the body where the rust rabbits have been having a banquet. Also, there's a picture of the engine compartment which shows some white stuff coming out of the sides which are next to the driver and the passenger. Is this asbestos? Also attached is a picture of the interior that shows a pale blue beneath the white top coat. Were the F8s' interior painted a different color that the exterior?

That's all for now!

Regards,
Jim
Attached Thumbnails
MVC-099S.JPG   MVC-101S.JPG   MVC-102S.JPG   MVC-100S.JPG