View Single Post
Old 22-02-08, 23:26

Default Clarification to a muddy issue...

Sorry it's taken a while for me to respond. Somehow I was waiting for one of those e-mail notifications that people responded here.

Here is some clarification, hopefully:

RE: [Glen, you mention in you second post that your GF is on the right. Is that as we're looking at it or from the perspective of those Officers in the photo? ]

Sorry for the confusion. My grandfather is on the right as you see him in the picture ( from the cameraman's perspective). From the perspective of my grandfather, looking at the camera, he is standing on the left of his friends.

RE: [If he is on the left (as we're looking at it and owning the badges you've shown us a close up of, then was he a Brit or a Cdn? If Cdn, then Clive's theory that he and the centre chap are British, doesn't hold. Mind you, his info on the sleeve patch wearers is spot on though. Both students and Staff at the "Armour School" wore them as well as those serving in in 1st Cdn Tk Bde and 4CAD.]

My grandfather was Canadian, and I know the guy in the centre was Canadian as well, and ended up with the Sherbrooke Fusiliers at Caen. I'll blow up the picture of his cap badge for identification. I assume the guy on the left was Canadian as well. The picture was taken in Dundas, Ontario, Canada on Sept. 22, 1942. I know that the guy in the middle ended up with the Sherbrooke Fusiliers.

Cheers,
Glen.