View Single Post
Old 23-09-07, 08:31

Default 2A1 Body for CMP 15 Cwt Cab 11

I found an original 2A1 body in dry Saskatchewan farm area near Estevan, Saskatchewan (south east corner of the province) and brought it out to British Columbia in 1986. I later traded it to Gary Moonie of Victoria for use as a pattern to make the rear body for his prototype (only key difference we noted was tailgate on prototypes did not have notch cut out in top). All the metal fittings were there. An interesting detail you won't note in photos is that each side plank was grooved on the edges and a thin piece of wood fit into it to act as a draft seal between the big planks. I did take lots of photos of it as found and then as dismantled.
A French collector once wrote to me as he had a 15 Cwt Cab 11 with original wooden 2A1 box. I think his had a German Army rebuild plate.

I also used to own the original wooden tool box (large one behind the cab). Correct for use in front of the 2A1 cargo box. There was no spare tire as they had runflats. This tool box sold with my C15A to a collector in Turleford, and was later reported to be in the hands of another collector. That was a Cab 13 with an original 2H1 body (wooden knock-down). As I recall this had a canvas cov er over the wooden likd.

Colin MacGregor Stevens, CD
Richmond, BC