I just searched for the `Audrieu Memorial'
online and found it...BUT

My Uncle's name is NOT listed on it.
I'm going to contact the Wpg Rifles Museum
to find out `WHY NOT?' :

From what I'm learning and understanding
he needs to be on that Memorial.
Hello Carmen,

It is nice to talk to someone with so much in common as myself. Our uncles being murder by the SS. I still have a hard time researching about my uncle. I get very emotional sometimes, can't help it.

I have been to Normandy three times now, with trip no. 4 in the works for Sept. 2008. On my last trip, I had the chance to visit the royal winnipeg Rifles Memorial in Audrieu. Your uncles name is there. I have a few photo of the memorial. I took a photo of the the back of the wall where the plaque was placed. This is where some of the men were shot. In one of the photos you can see a bullit hole in the wall. It was very emotional, to here some of the S.D.&G. Highlanders express their feelings after seeing where the men were shot.

If you visit Veteran Affairs Canada/ Canadian Virtual Memorial, you will see a photo of your uncle, the photo is a bit weak but you can still make out his features. Also there are documents about him. Use this hyprelink to view his information. http://www.vac-acc.gc.ca/remembers/s...sualty=2060243

I hope this helps. If you want the photos I have you can send me an email and I will send them to you.

Bye for now,
Greg