View Single Post
Old 09-08-07, 02:47
Gregory Pollard

Default Private Charles Otto Donahue

Hello Clive,
I am the nephew of L/Cpl. George Pollard of the Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry Highlanders. My uncle was murdered on June 17, 1944, at the Abbaye d'Ardenne at the hands of German soldiers under the command of Major- General Kurt Meyr of the 25th Panzer Grenadier Regiment. His body is the only one not found out of the twenty Canadian soldiers killed at the Abbaye.

I have been working on a huge project for the Stormont, Dundas, and Glengarry Highlanders for the past three years. At the Glens reunion every year in June, a list of names of the Glens killed overseas are read. Your uncle Pte. Charles Otto Donahue is on this list.

I am trying to find photos of all the Glens for a DVD slideshow. So far I have 119 photos, and 172 gravemarkers out of 331 slides.
Do you have a photo of your uncle for the slideshow?
Please let me know if you can help.

I noticed in the regimental history that Pte. Percy Elmore Mills was killed in the same action as your uncle I have a photo of Pte. Mills, if you would like it I could send it to you. He was the son of Ainslie Brenton and Lottie Lenora Mills, of Bramber, Hants County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Pte. Mills was 23 years- old when he was killed.

Sincerely,
Gregory Pollard