View Single Post
Old 27-07-07, 03:34
GM Fox I

Default More

I've gone through my material and can't say I've found anything that would conclude 100% what the interior colour of a an HUC was. I can offer the following: HUW's, HUA's and HU-Mach interiors were white. HUP's and HU staff car interiors were the exterior colour. The parts book seems to link HUW's and HUA's as having things in common (wiring, interior lighting) apart from the rest. The only part unique to HUC's seems to be the rear window blackout curtains. Would this have anything to do with the folding tables?

I'd wager that HUC's were white, but note that HUP's were often employed as field offices as well and their interiors were OD/Khaki/brown.

I'd also look to the evidence of other existing HUC's to see what they have used for interior colours, then apply the principle that if the majority are white, then their owners/restorers are basing this on what they've seen. Two-tone or any colour other than white stikes me as applied by post war, second hand users.

Send me a PM with your address and I'll send the colour information I have. It's a code from a local (Sherwin Williams) paint company rather than a formula but I can send a sample that you may be able to match locally.