Thread: my new web site
View Single Post
Old 28-01-07, 06:43
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by Pylon1357
many thanks Karmen and Bob. The site is slowly gaining content. I am by no means a web designer, in fact I am pretty much computer illiterate. My buddy has been forced to spend many long nights with me to get the site going. Everytime he gets a section up, I wantg it modifie. I think he's going to have a mental breakdown quite soon.

If it was not for my initail project and obsession with the Regiment, I would have never met Clive and many others at the National Library and Archives, who gave me direction in the research. So this project has been great to me so far.
I hope your friend doesn't give up on you or that you find others to help you set up your pages and such. It's a labor of love for sure, as these things usually are for people who get inspired like you. Maybe some people in here can offer you some guidance on some of the how to's. I don't know ... ?

I've tried building some personal family pages of my own and am not good at it. Like you, I know very little about the whole building webpages thing. My pages I started just because I get some free webspace with my internet account although I'm not finished them and haven't uploaded them to the web yet. I was mostly just playing at trying to build pages and planned on uploading them if they turned out I'm at the level of Pre-Kindergarten ... :

I'm wondering, can people visiting the National Archives view soldiers service records there? As I'm wondering if it's possible for people to do lookups while they are there???

I look forward to watching the progress of your site!

Karmen