Thread: Heads Up: 10.50-16 directional tyres
View Single Post
Old 15-01-07, 16:19

Default Good Day Neil

..... the tyres look so much better than the current bar tread that beleive me they will fit.... even if I have to use Vaseline or KY jelly and a nail file they will fit......

Whether they will ship to the UK or abroad is a big question. It took Wade almost 2 years to bring this project to conclusion. Somewhere along the line I read that they had to fork out the $$ to run a minimum 600 tires to be able to get road certification from the USA government. I assume that this is the initial run and now that the molds are available subsequent runs willbe easier based on demands.

The big question is whether they can be exported and what legal requirements will need to be met in the UK or anywhere else for that matter. A private individual may be able to bring in a set purchased from another individual collector... but it may be problematic to have a dealer ship to the UK.

Of course none of the above includes the shipping cost and the profit slice taken by everyone who handles them.

Bottom line money talks...... if there is a way to make money I don't see why Wade would not sell them abroad .. for a cost of course.

You might want to contact them directly.... maybe you could become the exclusive distributor for the UK.....
try...WWW.wallacewade.com

The web site is very basic but at least you can dialogue directly with them ...... once the North American market is saturated they maybe very interested in shipping abroad. Good Luck.

BoB C.
Canada