Thread: Canuck Aussie
View Single Post
Old 22-12-06, 18:00
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Way to go!

Quote:
Originally posted by sapper740
Ah yes, the days of being a Gentleman Ruffian! I too played Rugby, starting in the 8th grade at 13 yrs and finished at the grand old age of 35, when a broken leg finished my career. I was always a Forward, having played every position in the Scrum. 8th Man was my favourite position, followed by Prop.

Alex, we had a name for guys like Geoff...Tackling Dummies!

Believe it or not, there is a Rugby league here in Texas. I'm considering joining, but my wife is dead set against it...something about the high cost of health insurance, I think!
Sapper..
Sounds like the missus has the brains in the family..At our age ,we don't bend so good..
And when you eventually get to meet our own Jiffy you will see why I'm laughing about Jif playing rugby..
Skin and bones the lad is..and 35 years ago,when he joined up he was so skinny that they tied a rope on his leg ,greased him up and used him for a pull through ...
But he is a kind son of a gun...kind of flakey,but it's Christmas and I want him to have a good Christmas and wish him,you and the rest of our readers and faithfull MLU'ers all the best in the new year.
PS
What happened to the wicked witch that tried to turn your truck into a pumpkin..??