View Single Post
Old 23-10-03, 00:02

Default Carrier Platoon thoughts

Geoff,
First off, I have loved the "look and feel" of the Carrier Platoon site from the begining. I hope you can simply add it in to the overall MLU site.

Although I like the idea of a dedicated site, quite frankly, I thought you were spending precious time doing some things twice.
Also, some people would see the info on MLU and then were supprised when they found out the "Canadian military site with the carriers on it" was not the Carrier Platoon site that I told them of.

I can only think that you might have the button for Carriers with the rest of the MVs, but that jumps over into the CP pages, perhaps with a bit of re-write on the intro page.

15 Recce is currently building a new website (soon to be at 15thRecce.org) and will have as much details as I can build on our carriers, both historical and modern. I will also have a 'Lessons Learned" about driving them from the rather novel point of view of having 4 other men riding, driving, and camping out of a carrier. On that note, I would welcome any other Tips from this list. Perhaps a way to re-post that knowledge in MLU?

Linking is all well and good, but I am finding out that linking out from your site in the middle of a topic risks loosing the reader.

Anyway, be tickled to help the Carrier portion of MLU anyway I can.

Cheers,
Jim