Mr. HUP

Default Re: Re: Re: Actually,

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alex Blair
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by Darrell Zinck
Hi Alex

And Rob...
You telling me that a qualified pilot,flying a desk ,and no longer flying,but still qualified gets flying pay...???
I don't think so......
But things can't have changed that drastically in 30 years...

Alex,

"CFAO 204-8 - PAY ENTITLEMENT -WHERE OBLIGATION TO FLY HAS BEEN CANCELLED
11. A pilot or air navigator whose obligation to fly has been cancelled for reasons set out in this order and who is retained in the CF does not come within the definition of "pilot" or "navigator" in QR&O 204.215 or 204.214 respectively. Therefore, where a pilot's or navigator's obligation
to fly has been cancelled, his new rate of pay shall be as prescribed in the table to QR&O 204.21. The incentive pay category in the table to QR&O 204.21 which shall apply to such officer is that which would apply had the officer been paid under QR&O 204.21 when promoted to his present rank.
12. The effective date of change of pay entitlement shall be the date on which cancellation of the officer's obligation to fly is notified by NDHQ."

Yeah, I know - NDHQese bafflegab....The link to the pay tables does not work, however, what I get out of this is that it makes no distinction between an officer filling a flying billet and one flying a desk...they are obliged to fly, and if that obligation is removed, then they don't get the goodies...otherwise, they get the goodies and Air Canada has to wait...