View Single Post
Old 31-08-06, 16:48
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Re: And this is summer still???

Quote:
Originally posted by sapper740
Well Ma, we've finally dropped below the 100's here in North Texas, forecast high today: 93F. We've had about 50 days of triple digit temps this summer so the 90's are a nice break, although I still enjoy soaking my cold Canadian bones in the Texas heat! Well I know the temperature swings in your part of B.C. I've spent many weeks hunting Mule deer, Whitetail deer, Mountain Goat, Black bear and Grizzly bear in the Flathead Valley, which isn't too far from Cranbrook. You never know what the weather is going to do in the mountains so I always had to carry extra gear and clothes in my backpack. I once got caught in a snow storm while reconnoitering the area in August! As a Canadian citizen I can legally hunt in B.C. on my brother's hunting license and we've been talking about a return to the Flathead, so ya never know, I might come knockin' on your door to say howdy one of these years. Better keep a supply of Tim Tams handy!
Sapper..
If ya take up with Ma you will find her a very social lady...and although she dosn't hunt four legged animals she may be handy when it comes to tanning hides...packing on the trail(with her electric buggy)set on "Sneak" mode...but I know for sure she can smell out a Tim Hortons coffee at t'ree miles...upwind....
A mighty handy hunting skill...