View Single Post
Old 24-09-03, 11:03
Vets_Dottir

Default Hi folks :)

I haven't been in this thread for a while (sorry) While reading, I'm noticing a trend here Seems there are a few of us with service records of beloved relatives that WE DON'T UNDERSTAND and very much want to! I think a lot of people are probably going through the same problem.

I wonder ... are Service Records so UNIQUE to those, and where, they serve with, that doing a sort of GENERIC thread or web page of "Understanding Service Records" would help people no matter who their relative served with?

Are there no books or sites that contain service terminologies and abbreviations that anyone knows of? If not ... does someone know enuf to start or help with one?

It's such a challenge (esp as civvie)to try and transpose the info from the forms etc into something simple and understandable posting for you guys to help us understand them. Too bad we're scattered all over the world ... we could have work-shops....!!!!

I feel like an idiot. When I don't know how to "talk the talk" then I don't know how to word things (now be nice!!!)