View Single Post
Old 04-05-06, 17:29
Dog Robber

Well, my friends:
Rolf and I are enthusiasts of long standing in the "ID this vehicle" club and he well knows how stubborn I am when it comes to digging up answers if I possibly can.

I took a shot on the multi vehicle photo on another thread and had a slightly different answer that time but I don't think it was correct. I believe the first truck after the 170VK is a 1937 or 1936 Ford. I believe the next truck is also a Ford but cannot prove it at this time. I have to do some higher level photo editing to see if I can clear it up. Amongst other things, I have to see if a shadow on the third vehicle is a mirror or a vent window. If a vent window, it most likely is not a Ford.

As to the first two, wherever they were assembled, I am very convinced they are Austro-Fiats. The Fiat cabriolet is most likely originally Italian due to the RHD which I missed the first time.
I suspect when I finish my research the other car and the truck may well be Fiats also.

The Mercedes is most likely a 260 or a 320 and Hans Rinsma can probably sort that one out if I can get permission from you, Denes, to post it on another forum, Wermacht Awards.

I have been extremely busy at my shop so have not had as much time as usual for research but have a free evening today so hope to get better answers to you.
Bill