Thread: Heads Up: CMPs for sale in Portugal
View Single Post
Old 02-05-06, 17:30
former Resident Historian

Default Comments

Quote:
Hello David

I´m not an expert in this kind of trucks.. i have it since three months ago, and i bought it from a man who had it for twenty years. He bought it from portuguese army. Î don´t know if c 60x trucks were all made in canada, or if they went all for WW2... What i would like to know is that if it is a canadian production truck an with the LV number if it went to Britain or to other place, just to know a litle abouit it history.
About the numbers, this truck has a lot of numbers all ouver the body.. There is a number in the chassis, a big number, under left side fender, but is covered in part by paint. I can read that number and tell you if that helps.. But only next weekend because i'm in lisbon studying and the truck is in the North of Portugal.
I bought it in lisbon and i payed a lot of money for it, because i was in love when i saw it!! Just crazy people do this kind of things... Please help me discover some history of it, if it's possible of course.
I'm planying to restore it not now, because i spent a lot of money on it, but by 2 or 3 years from now on, i'm planiyng to restore it. Just for curiosity, how many trucks like this probably still exist today? How much it worths? (not for sale because i love it!)
Thanks a lot

Diogo Duarte
This is the earliest (known to me) C60X and is of considerable interest. Anyone know anything about the CDLV contract?