View Single Post
Old 27-01-06, 17:49
Frank Robertson

Latest update.....

Ok , I recieved a call from Rep J Edmonds. He said "We are making progress" The meeting incl. himself , Rep Hayzlett, Ks Highway Patrol Col. Ikehorn (spelling ?)DMV Carmen Aldrett and others. The meeting ended with the DMV agreeing to go back to the drawing board. Word to the wise here turrets are a issue still. It seems they agreed that they were to broad in their policy and would re-write it. I myself am not sure any re-writes will be acceptable but Rep Edmonds is hopeful that we will prevail.
I am currently pursuing contacts at the federal level to ascertain whether this is a genuine homeland security issue. If so I would think MV owners in other states would be experiencing the same communist treatment. So my assumption is that "homeland security" is being used as a blanket excuse for their conduct in this state only. Wheels turn slowly in politics but we have achieved a good coalition of representatives and I for one will be watching the DMV closely.
I have also began assembling names of Sheriffs who are friendly to this issue. I will attempt to have them express their belief that these vehicles pose no homeland threat in writing and relate this to Highway patrol officials.
Have made good contacts with VFW State HQ and have the FULL support of that fine organization.
Will keep you all posted as new events transpire.
Kevin Lockwood