Thread: Enfield rifles
View Single Post
Old 31-07-03, 02:56
M38A1 CDN3

Default Enfields part 2 or maybe 3

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank Misztal
Jon, I knew you'd pick it up if I was incorrect. I felt the name didn't sound right and, CAL really rings a bell with me now. They were bought out by DIEMACO, the makers of the C7.

I vaguely remember doing an exercise on their property in the early 60s. Were you there?

And, I don't want to hear about the Firearms Act debacle again. Now I need a drink and don't have any in the house.
I'm not sure about the relationship with CAL and Diemaco in Kitchener.

Any exercises on the property were definitely attended by myself, I only lived 2 streets over to the east from the Creek.

As a member of 2 Sig Regt, I participated in the opening of the sub-unit, 2 Sig Sqn, located in the Admin Building on the property facing the Lakeshore. Several FTXs were held in the area, using CPRC 26 sets.

At the time, the Long Branch ranges were still open and operating. Was privileged to have blown a few rounds off with Larry Fish, then of the QYR, he being a Lorne Scot recipient of the Queen's Medal at Bisley.

Too bad about no refreshments in the house...excuse me while I grab another Blue.

See you Tuesday.