View Single Post
Old 05-07-03, 11:53
Vets_Dottir

Default And another thing...???

A question here... how can it be politically incorrect to honour fallen soldiers by photo-documenting the individual human beings? I can probably simply make an educated guess, but I'd like to hear responses to this question???

By the way... PROUD I "am" of ALL of these soldiers. I LOVE seeing the cared for gravesites and seeing caring in action through people and places like in here and around the world.

My own family is learning what their relative Edward Smith REALLY did and what his actions and sacrifices did for them... a little at a time, through me, as I learn from all of you and others. When they "get" what their Uncle did, then they'll get what all the soldiers did, for them.

I still cringe when I remember my sister asking me..."Why do YOU care??? He's dead. You never even met him." When I can come back at her with answers then she'll know that she cares too. So many of the freedoms she enjoys, she wouldn't be enjoying if people hadn't fought and sacrificed for them to exist. Maybe Uncle Eddie can come back and kick her ass and wake her up? (cool!!!!)

As far as I'm concerned, those dead soldiers ARE freedom! They knew the risks... and voluntarily did what needed to be done... for everyone.

Proud? Me? Hell yes!